MCHD case investigators are still tracing multiple COVID-19 cases to social gatherings, where people have not followed the guidance to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. Please share the information below and keep your social activities as safe as possible.
- Statewide, everyone in Oregon needs to follow these rules:
- No group of 10 or more individuals are to socially gather indoors
- Groups of less than 10 individuals gathering indoors are to wear face coverings, observe social distancing guidelines and keep six feet between individuals.
- Groups of less than 25 individuals gathering outdoors are to wear face coverings, observe social distancing guidelines and keep six feet between individuals.
- Countywide, everyone needs to follow the additional guidance from the current Malheur County resolution:
- No group of 25 or more individuals are to gather outdoors.
The resolution recommends measures for local social gatherings when individuals are from different households. Even if the people you are gathering with are extended family, coworkers, neighbors, or close friends, you should ensure the group is kept to 10 or less indoors, 25 or less outdoors, and that everyone over age 12 wears a face covering if 6 foot physical distance is not maintained at all times.
It is very important that we slow the spread of COVID-19 to save lives, reduce outbreaks, keep businesses open, and get kids back to school in person. None of this could happen if our rates of COVID-19 keep increasing.
Malheur County is now ranked #2 in the state for the rate of cases.