The Oregon Health Authority announced today that 1 million Oregonians have been vaccinated with one or more doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
“Today marks an important milestone in our state. This would not have been possible without the dedication of our local public health employees, health care workers and other vaccinators around Oregon,” said OHA Director Patrick Allen. “I would also like to thank everyone who has made the effort to get a vaccine. I know in many cases it has not been easy, but you are helping to stop this disease from spreading any further.”
In Malheur County, more than 9,000 vaccine doses have been administered. Walmart in Ontario has joined the growing list of local vaccine providers, and Saint Alphonsus Medical Center-Ontario is offering vaccine appointments on Mondays and Fridays. On Monday, March 29, the hospital will offer the Pfizer vaccine. Other first-dose clinics currently scheduled by the hospital will offer Moderna vaccine.
Tomorrow and every Thursday through April, the Malheur County Health Department and Incident Command team will host a first come, first served vaccine clinic from 1-3 p.m. at Four Rivers Cultural Center, located at 676 SW 5th Ave. in Ontario. Vaccines are free, and no insurance or documentation is required.
Vaccine eligibility opened this week to people in Group 6 of Phase 1B. This includes:
- All adults 45-64 with underlying health conditions
- Migrant and seasonal farm workers
- Seafood and agricultural workers
- Food processing workers
- People living in low-income senior housing, senior congregate and independent living
- Individuals experiencing homelessness
- People currently displaced by wildfires
- Wildland firefighters
- Pregnant people 16 and older
For a full list of eligible groups, click here for English, or here for Spanish.
The following is a list of Malheur County providers offering the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Malheur County Health Department: 541-889-7279
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center-Ontario: Vaccine Online Scheduling at Saint Alphonsus Health System (if you experience online scheduling issues, please call 208-367-3627).
- Valley Family Health Care:
- Vale, 541-473-2101
- Ontario, 541-889-2340
- Nyssa, 541-372-5738
- TVWC, 541-881-2800
- TVPC, 541-889-2668
- Stark Medical, Ontario, 541-889-2244
- Bi-Mart, Ontario, 541-889-2141
- Walmart, Ontario, 541-889-6040
- Malheur Drug, Vale, 541-473-3333
- Malheur Memorial Health, Nyssa, 541-372-2211
- Medicap Pharmacy, Nyssa, 541-372-2222